This Grant Scheme is aimed at encouraging and supporting enterprises to increase their competitiveness by addressing this gap by adopting e-commerce through online sales in their daily operations.
The e-Commerce Grant Scheme seeks to assist undertakings through a non-repayable grant to part-finance investment for the development of e-commerce websites and/or mobile applications. The investment should enable online payments or booking systems through the integration of an online payment gateway. Upgrades to existing systems are also eligible. The maximum grant value under this scheme is set at €5,000 part-financing up to 50% of eligible costs.
A sum of €5 million has been allocated to this scheme.
The measure shall support investment towards the design, development, implementation and delivery of an e-commerce website and/or a mobile application, or an upgrade of an existing website or mobile application to enable online sales/bookings. The end product shall result in an e-commerce website/mobile application having a content management system and must comply with current industry standard e-commerce security practices. The e-Commerce website/mobile application will incorporate an online payment gateway and support at least basic analytics as follows:
- Design, development, implementation and delivery of an e-commerce website and/or mobile application to meet the needs of the beneficiary SME.
- Development, implementation and delivery of all technical elements to enable the function of the website and/or mobile application including a CMS for use to upload content, secure online payment integration, including an online graphical product or service catalogue.
- Development, implementation and delivery of all technical elements to allow the successful integration of a payment system including appropriate electronic communication channels.
- Integration of appropriate web analytics software to allow SMEs to generate data reports on web traffic to and from the website and/or mobile application.
- Creation of a design for the website and/or mobile application that is in line with the brand identity of the SME.
- Registering and hosting of the site on secure servers.
- Complaince across all websites and / or mobile application design and development with at least W3C Leval A accessibility guidelines
To be eligible the end product shall be an e-commerce website/mobile application that will include a Content Management System that must comply with the current industry standard e-commerce security practices, will incorporate an online product/service catalogue, a shopping cart, a payment or booking system and an integrated e-commerce payment gateway enabling online payments and support at least basic analytics.
The following costs can be considered eligible:
- Domain name registration
- Hosting fees
- Content Management System (CMS) software including required licenses
- e-commerce Website and/or Mobile Application design in line with the brand identity of the organization
- Shopping Cart integration
- Other Set-up fees (including setting up and configuration of the CMS system, system design, customisation and development, integration with payment system/s, implementation of the required security features, testing and go live).
This Scheme is demand driven and managed through an open rolling call.