We are currently seeking to hire a partly qualified accountant with a determined focus on a professional career for the post of Accounts Executive. The post calls for a highly organized and motivated individual who is currently studying for his or her ACCA qualification. The ideal candidate must have at least 2 years of experience in a client accounting role. The selected candidate will be responsible for a portfolio of clients, whilst reporting to the Senior Accountants and to the management in charge. Good command of both written and spoken English is a must. Speaking and understanding Italian will be considered an asset.
- Carrying out tasks within pre-determined deadlines
- Ensuring compliance with accounting policies
- Interacting with superiors and carrying out their requests
- Liaising with auditors
- Liaising with clients and addressing any of their queries
- Preparing VAT returns
- Preparing year-end management accounts
- Updating clients’ bookkeeping on a monthly basis
- Ability to work without supervision
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Handling confidential information
- Performing work under pressure
- Solid understanding of GAPSME and IFRS
- Strong prioritization and organization skills
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Annual bonus
- Flexible working arrangement
- Career progression
- Work with brilliant people that will keep you on your toes
If you are interested in working with ACT, you are invited to submit your CV and covering letter to [email protected]. Should you have any queries about this Job Vacancy, please contact us on [email protected].
The firm is a medium-sized company made up of thirty-one members of staff, mostly made up of professional people such as accountants, auditors, tax practitioners, vat specialists and lawyers amongst others. The firm boasts to have a strong international tax practice with practitioners having several years of experience in this field.
The company’s services include accountancy and book-keeping services, vat and tax compliance services as well as company formation services and other CSP services amongst others. The company is a Corporate Service Provider authorized by the MFSA to provide corporate services.
The Accounts Department is mainly responsible to provide accountancy and vat compliance services to the firm’s corporate clients including the preparation of periodic management accounts as well as the preparation and submission of quarterly vat returns and other statutory forms.
The company has an office in Victoria Gozo and therefore any employees resident in Gozo may opt to work from the said office. The company also offers the possibility to employees to work remotely from home on planned and agreed dates.