We are currently seeking to hire a partly qualified accountant with a determined focus on the professional career for the post of Accounts Executive. The post calls for a highly organized and motivated individual who is currently studying for his or her ACCA qualification. The ideal candidate must have at least 2 years of experience in a client accounting role. The selected candidate, who will be based in our Gozo office, will be responsible for a portfolio of clients, whilst reporting to the manager in charge. Good command of both written and spoken English is a must. Speaking and understanding Italian will be considered an asset.
- Carrying out tasks within pre-determined deadlines Ensuring compliance with accounting policies
- Interacting with superiors and carrying out their requests Liaising with auditors
- Liaising with clients and addressing any of their queries Preparing VAT returns
- Preparing year-end management accounts
- Updating clients’ bookkeeping on a monthly basis
Ability to work without supervision Attention to detail
Excellent time management skills
Handling confidential information Performing work under pressure
Solid understanding of GAPSME and IFRS Strong prioritization and organization skills
Salary and other benefits
The salary and other benefits will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience. Other benefits include:
- Performance related bonuses, the amounts of which will depend on the employee’s performance, at regular intervals which will not exceed 6 months.
- 20% referral fees on all professional fees charged to clients which would have been referred to the firm by the employee.
- Six days of study leave for every exam related to the employee’s professional work in terms of the firm’s staff manual.
- In house training as well as the possibility to attend other seminars / webinars provided by external third parties during office hours.
- Payment of annual subscription fees to local organisations related to the employee’s professional work.