We are currently seeking to recruit on a full-time basis Law or Accountancy graduates who are ambitious and motivated to form part of the AML Team for the post of an AML Junior Analyst.
|Title:||AML Analyst – Junior|
|Reporting to:||Senior AML Officer|
|Hours of Work:||40 hours per week|
|Type of Contract:||Indefinite, with a six-month probation period|
|Office Hours:||Monday to Friday from 09:00am – 05:15pm|
The Junior AML Analyst’s responsibility will be to complete reviews and risk assessments of the business’ customers, based on KYC/AML standards the firm has set. The individual will take proactive measures to assist in minimizing financial crime and reputational risks associated with the onboarding of new customers.
This role is placed within our Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Financing of Terrorism (CFT) team to ensure the firm’s business integrity is maintained at all times and that from a regulatory and compliance perspective all risks have been identified and escalated to the appropriate head of the AML team.
Success in this role requires exceptional initiative, a drive to identify new approaches and an ability to bring structure to abstract problems. In return, you will get to work with a small, dynamic team made of young professional individuals and drive improvement across many parts of the business.
- Support the Senior and Lead AML Officers on the day to day operational and strategical matters
- Analyse the KYC process and procedures and identify areas of improvement
- Perform the required KYC screening on clients by documenting and corroborating the information obtained on the client as required by the KYC procedures utilising a variety of independent and internal sources
- Analyse client data, documentation, and negative news in order to determine the client’s risk profile as established under the firms’ KYC procedures
- Reach out to clients to obtain necessary documentation and information to satisfy internal onboarding requirements
- Maintain customer reference databases
- Develop strong working relationships with various teams across the firm, including accounting, audit and corporate.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Law, Economics, Management and Accountancy
- A minimum of 1 year KYC/AML experience in a similar role
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and aptitude for learning new programs
- Strong strategic, critical, and analytical thinking
- Sound knowledge of AML/CFT Laws and Regulations governing the EU and Malta
- Highly organised with excellent coordination skills
- Excellent analytical, interpretation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken. Any additional language would be considered a plus
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- Annual bonus
- Flexible working arrangement
- Career progression
- Work with brilliant people that will keep you on your toes
If you are interested in working with ACT, you are invited to submit your CV and covering letter to [email protected]. Should you have any queries about this Job Vacancy, please contact us on [email protected].