We are looking for motivated individuals to join the firm’s AML department on a full-time basis. The individual should have a Bachelor’s degree preferably in Law, Economics, Management or Accountancy and a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role. The ideal candidate should have a good understanding of AML/CFT Laws and Regulations governing the EU and Malta.
|TITLE:||Senior AML Officer|
|HOURS OF WORK:||40 hours per week|
|DURATION:||Indefinite contract of employment subject to an initial probation period|
|STANDARD OFFICE HOURS:||Monday to Friday 08:30 am to 05:15 pm. For 10 weeks in summer Monday to Friday 08:30 am to 04:00 pm|
To undertake AML processes such as Client Due Diligence (CDD), Risk Assessments, Monitoring and Reporting. This role requires risk-based analysis skills and great decision-making capabilities, proactive collaboration to improve the client on-boarding and other internal processes in line with the regulatory requirements. You will be responsible for the supervision of the client on-boarding process, conducting periodic reviews and assisting AML Executive and MLRO with other AML/Compliance activities as required.
- Support the AML Executive on the day to day operational and strategical matters
- Contribute to the development and growth of the AML department
- Assist the AML Executive, MLRO and Compliance officer with the compliance annual reporting
- Managing Junior officers and trainees’ tasks and performance.
- Assist with AML initiatives and projects
- Supervise and take ownership of the client on-boarding and ongoing monitoring process.
- Provide general advice on operational matters
- Liaise with local authorities and stakeholders on AML issues
- Investigate internal reports of unusual activity from other units within the firm
- Represent the AML department in meetings and conferences
- Assist the AML Executive with the preparation and delivery of AML training to staff members
- Keep updated with all current and forthcoming Laws and Regulations as well as the latest typologies and new methods in combatting ML & TF
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Law, Economics, Management or Accountancy
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in people management
- Strong strategic, critical and analytical thinking
- Able to take ownership and to act in line with agreed KPIs
- Excellent leadership skills and ownership of work and projects
- Sound knowledge of AML/CFT Laws and Regulations governing the EU and Malta
- Highly organised with excellent coordination skills
- Excellent analytical, interpretation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Competitive Salary
- Annual bonus
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career progression
- Work with brilliant people that will keep you on your toes