This Grant Scheme seeks to support SMEs through the provision of Grants to part-finance costs to actively participate in International Business Promotion Fairs held outside Malta, aimed at the internationalisation of the undertaking by introducing their products/services to new markets and by strengthening their international market presence. A sum of €2 million has been allocated to this scheme.
The assistance consists of non-repayable grants up to a maximum value of €10,000. SMEs may receive assistance with aid intensity on eligible expenditure of 50%.
Active participation in International Business Promotion Fairs held outside the territory of Malta where active participation means having a stand and exhibiting products/services at the fair.
The incentive supports SMEs actively participating in International Business Promotion Fairs, by covering part of the costs required to set-up and run a stand to exhibit their products/services, by covering a number of costs items including travel costs and per diem for up to 2 employees/directors of the Enterprise up to fixed thresholds.
Costs incurred from external sources to the undertaking in respect of the following:
- Participation fee and costs related to the construction and setting-up of the stand;
- Rental of the exhibition space/stand;
- Travel costs for a maximum of two employees representing the enterprise and managing the stand/ exhibition space at the fair;
- Per Diem allowance costs for a maximum of two employees representing the enterprise and managing the stand/exhibition space at the fair, capped to a maximum of eight nights per participant;
- Design and printing of branding material required for the participation at the fair and within the stipulated maximum thresholds; and
- Costs incurred for shipment of exhibits.
This Scheme is demand driven and managed through an open rolling call.