Mergers & Acquisitions
We have over the past years acted for a number of international clients in various cross-border transactions, providing advice on all aspects of Maltese corporate structures.
Get in touch with us!
Our corporate and M&A practice provides advice on the following corporate matters:
- Advice and assistance on corporate and tax structuring
- Incorporation of Maltese Companies and other Commercial Partnerships
- Re-domiciliation of companies in and out of Malta
- Corporate finance transactions
- Mergers, divisions, amalgamations and acquisitions
- Financial, tax and legal due diligence reports
- Share transfers agreements
- Pledging of shares
- The protection of minority interests
- Share option and share incentive schemes
- Shareholders’ agreements
- Corporate governance practices and procedures.
ACT is a well-known and respected boutique tax advisory firm providing high-quality tax advice to Multinational Enterprises, SMEs including family owned and other owner-manged companies, family offices, trusts, foundations, employees and high net worth individuals.
Maltese companies are subject to tax at the rate of 35% on their worldwide income and capital gains. Malta grants various fiscal incentives to both companies and their shareholders upon the distribution of a dividend.
Malta has recently seen an increase in the number of Electronic Money Institutions (EMIs) looking to set up their operations in Malta. This has been largely due to the growth in the e-commerce and the i-gaming industries.