We are currently seeking to recruit on a full-time basis, a fully qualified accountant to form part of the Company’s tax department as Tax Compliance Executive. The post calls for a highly organized and motivated individual who is willing to make the next move in his or her professional career. The ideal candidate must have at least two years of experience in income tax compliance work. The selected candidate will together with the other members of the tax team, be responsible to ensure that the assigned portfolio of clients will at all times be in compliance with the provisions of the Income Tax Acts. A good command of both written and spoken English is a must. Speaking and understanding the Italian language will be considered to be an asset.
A graduate from the University of Malta (Honours or Masters in Accountancy) or a holder of an ACCA qualification.
|Preparation of corporate income tax computations and liaison with the audit team|
|Preparation of corporate income tax returns and tax schedules including keeping records of tax profits|
|Preparation of claims for refund of tax due to shareholders of Maltese companies.|
|Preparation of personal income tax returns|
|Preparation of tax schedules in relation to transfer of shares and other changes in our clients’ share capital|
|Attending clients’ meetings|
|Ensuring clients are continuously in compliance with income tax legislation|
|Interacting with the firm’s managers, directors, staff and clients|
|Planning work to ensure deadlines are met|
|Liaising with other departments within the firm including the AML team|
|A thorough knowledge of Maltese income tax related matters including but not limited to capital gains, refunds of tax to shareholders of Maltese companies, Notional Interest Deduction Rules and Consolidated Income Tax Rules.|
|Ability to keep himself / herself updated with income tax developments on a local level and to contribute to the firm’s knowledge base.|
|Ability to take initiatives, work with minimal supervision, give attention to detail and work well both independently as well as part of a team.|
|Be able to work in an organised manner with strong customer focus, keen attention to detail and the ability to manage tasks and time effectively.|
|Have strong communication skills both written and verbal including an excellent command of the English language and strong report writing skills.|
|Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle confidential information.|
|This position will place the chosen candidate on an exciting career path, with the potential for personal and professional development through challenging projects and continued professional education.|
Salary and Other Benefits
The salary and other benefits will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience. An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate. Other benefits include:
- Financial assistance to study for and obtain a recognized qualification in Maltese tax law from an established professional institution.
- Performance-related bonuses, the amounts of which will depend on the employee’s performance, at regular intervals which will not exceed six months.
- 20% referral fees on all professional fees charged to clients who would have been referred to the firm by the employee.
- Six days of study leave for every exam related to the employee’s professional work in terms of the firm’s staff manual.
- In-house training as well as the possibility to attend other seminars/webinars provided by external third parties during office hours.
- Payment of annual subscription fees to local organisations related to the employee’s professional work.
What We Offer!
- Competitive Salary
- Annual bonus
- Flexible working arrangement
- Career progression
- Work with brilliant people that will keep you on your toes
If you are interested in working with ACT, you are invited to submit your CV and covering letter to [email protected]. Should you have any queries about this Job Vacancy, please contact us on [email protected].